Scottworks – a symposium focusing on electronic music pioneer Raymond Scott and his work – is scheduled for Sept 8, 2018 in Los Angeles.
The event will be held at the Colony Theatre in Burbank, and will feature Herb Deutsch, co-inventor of the Moog Synthesizer, and Hal Willner, Grammy Winning music producer who Executive Produced the first Raymond Scott reissue, Reckless Nights and Turkish Twilights.
Symposium topics include:
- Raymond’s Merry Melodies: An animated conversation
- The Inventions: Machines you’ve heard of—and some you never imagined
- Raymond Scott’s Music in Film: A dialogue with directors and music supervisors
- The Electronium: History, restoration, reincarnation
- Raymond Scott and Robert Moog: Productive teamwork from two electronic music pioneers
- The 1937-’39 Quintette Music: Inside the notes and chords
- Raymond Scott and Sun Ra: Two artists in outer (and inner) space
The event will also feature exhibits and performances of Scott’s works. Tickets include coffee and pastries in the morning and a meet and greet reception that includes wine and beer after the day’s events and before the concert.