Yes, we write reviews. Quite a few of them actually, with over 750 published since 2011. This list is an estimate of the most popular reviews of 2017, based on web traffic. It does not include shares, syndicated reads, and various other measures of popularity.
Note that this list is necessarily biased toward albums released in the earlier part of the year.
- ECM’s Early Avant-Garde Recordings
- John Zorn – The Garden of Earthly Delights (2017; Tzadik)
- Mary Halvorson Quartet – Paimon: The Book Of Angels Volume 32 (2017; Tzadik)
- Dan Phillips’ Chicago Edge Ensemble – Decaying Orbit (2017)
- Revisiting Anthony Braxton’s Early Solo Saxophone Work
- Nicole Mitchell – Mandorla Awakening II: Emerging Worlds (2017; FPE Records)
- Kate Gentile – Mannequins (2017; Skirl Records)
- Jennie Gottschalk – Experimental Music Since 1970 [Bloomsbury: 2016]
- Matt Mitchell – A Pouting Grimace (2017; Pi Recordings)
- Magma – Emehntehtt-Re Trilogie DVD (2017; Seventh Records)