From the Spectrum:
– Nicolas Letman-Burtinovic presents Spectral Interzone – Jazz for the eminently civilized (Jan. 1)
Space short cut: vocalist Kyoko Kitamura, trumpeter Daniel Carter-Reeds and bassist Nicolas Letman-Burtinovic;
pianist/composer Art Bailey, cornetist Kurt Knuffke, bassist Rene Hart and drummer George Schuller.
– Kristin Samadi, piano; Dan Keene, guitar and mandolin (Jan. 3)
– JP Jofre Quintet (Jan. 4)
– Soundscapes Series (Ambient Music) from Cornelius Dufallo & Patrick Derivaz (Jan. 4)
– Gabriel Zucker presents Tuesdays on the Spectrum (Jan. 8)
– Tristan McKay (Jan. 8)
– Jorge Sylvester ACE Collective (Afro Cuban Jazz) (Jan. 9)
– New miniseries curated by the cellar and point (Jan. 9)
Guitarist/composer Ben Monder presents a solo guitar performance featuring original works from his
recordings Flux, Dust, Excavation and Oceana.
– Minor Music Marathon hosted by Jesse Krakow (Jan. 10)
– Mick Rossi’s Outliers Series with 4k4: Mick Rossi, Andy Laster, Andrew Sterman and Mazz Swift (Jan. 10)
– New series curated by Zach Seely: Contemporary Insights launches with pianist Steven Beck (Jan. 10)
– Stuart Breczinksi and Adam Cuthbert (Jan. 11)
– Elizabeth Weinfield’s Spectrum HP series dedicated to historical performances using period instruments
for early and contemporary works continues with Shirley Hunt (baroque cello). (Jan. 11)
Shirley will be joined by mezzo-soprano Thea Lobo and will premiere a work by Benjamin Pesetsky.
– Early/Late Series with Seth Gilman featuring Meredith Moore and Friends (Jan. 11)
– New miniseries curated by the cellar and point (Jan. 11)
Morton Feldman’s 80-minute late masterpiece, Piano and String Quartet, performed by Joseph Branciforte [the cellar and point] on piano and an all-star string quartet: Christopher Otto [JACK Quartet], Pauline Kim Harris [String Noise], John Pickford Richards [JACK Quartet], and Mariel Roberts [Mivos Quartet].
– EEGT (eclectic electric guitar trio): Jane Getter, Alex Skolnick and Bruce Arnold (Jan. 15)
– Music of Timothy Prepsicus (Jan. 15)
– Ensemble Chartreuse (Jan. 16)
– New miniseries curated by the cellar and point (Jan. 16)
Judith Berkson presents new music for piano and voice exploring microtonal tuning.
– Mana Saxophone Quartet (Jan. 17)
– Hans Tammen: Dark Circuits (Jan. 17)
Dark Circuits Series: David Simons – Theremin is reading my thoughts.
– Pianist Ramin Arjomand’s Series, Reinterpretations (Jan. 18)
– Vox Temporum Series with a focus on young composers curated by Spectrum managers
Lester St. Louis & Brian Erickson (Jan. 18)
Featured Composer: Brian Heim
– New miniseries curated by the cellar and point (Jan. 18)
Legendary sound artist (and founder of 12k) Taylor Deupree in a rare duo performance with labelmate Marcus Fischer, utilizing tape loops, surround sound, piano, and electronics.
– Jane Ash and Susan Seliger present Out By Ten (Jan. 22)
– Pianist Yoonjoon Yoon (Jan. 23)
– Guitarist Jordan Dodson (Jan. 24)
– Late Night with The Brothers Balliett (Jan. 24)
– counter)induction Presents: Miranda Cuckson, violin (Jan. 25)
Music of Mario Davidovsky
4-channel versions of the three Electronic Etudes
Synchronism for violin and tape
Other pieces TBA
– Kathy Tagg’s New Sounds Africa Series (Jan. 25)
– Acoustic Frontiers: Michael Lytle, Denman Maroney & Robert Dick (Jan. 28)
– Eva Zollner, accordion (Jan. 28)
– Toomai String Quintet: Music of Montgomery/ Elliot Cole/ Richard Carrick (Jan. 29)
– Karl Larson premieres piano works by David Lang and Robert Honstein (Jan. 29)
– WinterProg Festival: Jeremy Neese / High North (Jan. 30)
– WinterProg Festival: Morning Bound; Tammy Scheffer, et al. (Jan. 30)
– WinterProg Festival: Nick Didkovsky (Jan. 31)
– WinterProg Festival: Ron Anderson, et al. (Jan. 31)
– WinterProg Festival: Julie Slick Birthday Concert with Marco Machera (Jan. 31)
Spectrum is located at 121 Ludlow Street on the Lower East Side.
Tickets are generally $15; $10 for students and seniors except where indicated.