From FaceBook Events:
Friday, December 2, 8pm
Glendale Moose Lodge, Ball Room (upstairs), 357 West Arden Ave., Glendale
Open Gate Theatre and The Loyal Order of the Moose present an evening of improvisation with Therese Wong (cello, voice), Jie Ma (pipa), Trevor Anderies (drums, percussion), Kio Griffith (video), Vinny Golia (winds), Bill Casale (bass), Will Salmon (flute, voice, keyboard).
Saturday/Sunday, December 3/4, 7:30pm
LEHRER ARCHITECTS, 2140 Hyperion Ave., Silverlake, Los Angeles
Burrow: A two-evening performance celebrating a month-long residency at Lehrer Architects, featuring:
CAROLE KIM (site-specific performance-based installation), THERESA WONG (voice, cello), PHIL CURTIS (electronics), SHEL WAGNER RASCH (dance), LYN HORTON (drawings). RSVP here.
Saturday, December 3, 7:30pm
Getty Center, Harold M. Williams Auditorium, 1200 Getty Center Dr., West Los AngelesLAFMS (LA Free Music Society) Extravaganza at the Getty, featuring:
* Extended Organ (Mike Kelley, Paul McCarthy, Fredrik Nilsen, Joe Potts, Tom Recchion)
* Tom Recchion solo
* Smegma (Ace Farren Ford, Dennis Duck, Oblivia, Ju Suk Reet Meate, Donkey Flybye, Rogue Iniki, Vetza)
* Le Forte Four (Chip Chapman, Susan Farthing-Chapman, Joe Potts, Rick Potts, Tom Potts) – First apperance of all original members in 30+ years.
Free Concert, but reservations are required: Click here for reservations.
Sunday, December 4, 5pm
California Institute of the Arts, The Wild Beast Theatre, 24700 McBean Pkwy., Valencia
CalArts presents: Feedback, nothing, six and memory
A concert with 45 simultaneous performances (more or less) of music by John Cage, David Tudor and Alvin Lucier.
From FaceBook Events:
Sunday, December 4, 7:30pm
Center for the Arts Eagle Rock, 2225 Colorado Blvd., Eagle Rock, Los Angeles
Open Gate Theatre and the Center for the Arts Eagle Rock present the Sunday Series
* ROSS HAMMOND QUARTET: Ross Hammond (electric guitar), Vinny Golia (saxophones), Steuart Liebig (contrabass guitar),
Alex Cline (drums, percussion)
* DEVIN HOFF (bass), NICK MAZARELLA (saxophones), ALEX CLINE (drums, percussion)
From Monday Evening Concerts:
Monday, December 5, 8pm
Colburn School, Zipper Concert Hall, 200 South Grand Ave., downtown Los Angeles
Monday Evening Concerts presents pieces by Heinz Holliger (Trema), John Cage (Seven), György Kurtág (…pas à pas – nulle part…), performed by Stephanie Griffin (viola), Movses Pogossian (violin) Karen Ouzounian (cello), Jonathan Hepfer (percussion), Alice Teyssier (flute), Brian Walsh (clarinet), Vicki Ray (piano), Nicholas Isherwood (bass-baritone).
From Angel City Arts:
Wednesday, December 7, 8pm
Royal T, 8910 Washington Blvd., Culver City
* Slumgum: Jon Amstrong (saxophones), Rory Cowal (piano), Dave Tranchina (bass), Trevor Anderies (drums).
* Daniel Rosenboom Septet: Daniel Rosenboom (trumpet, flugelhorn, piccolo trumpet), Gavin Templeton (alto/soprano saxes, flute), Jon Armstrong (tenor sax, flute), Brian Walsh (bass clarinet, baritone sax), Rory Cowal (piano, keyboards), Hamilton Price (bass), Matt Mayhall (drums), and special guests: Alex Noice (electric guitar), Lindsay Claire (vocals).